Tom Shand is the dietitian for Trailblazer Nutrition (an online sports nutrition consultancy) and Tom Shand Nutrition (clinical dietitetic practise in Whangarei). He is passionate about helping people create healthy nutrition habits to achieve their goals. His nutrition philosophy is that eating well should be simple, practical, and personalised.
Tom is a highly qualified in the field of nutrition and performance:
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian - University of Otago
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition from the International Olympic Committee
- Australian Institute of Sport, Sports Dietitians course
- Bachelor of Science (human nutrition) and Bachelor of Physical Education (exercise science) from the University of Otago.
Tom has gained a wide variety of experience during his 8 years working as a dietitian:
- Pathway to Podium nutritionist
- Lecturer AUT - Applied Sports Nutrition
- Diabetes and renal nutrition - Middlemore hospital, South Auckland
- Children's weight management - East London, UK
- Stroke rehab - North London, UK
- Weight management - Horowhenua and Taranaki, NZ.
If you are after a written sports nutrition plan for endurance events, check out what Trailblazer Nutrition offers here. Tom Shand created the nutrition plans and keeps them up to date. You will be in direct contact with Tom when you purchase nutrition plans from Trailblazer Nutrition
Tom Shand Nutrition
Tom runs a private practise in Whangarei. If you would like to see Tom in clinic, give him a call on 0224375477 or email email@example.com.
1st and 3rd Thursday of the month 9am - 2pm. Some after hours appointments available.
Tui Medical Centre, 425 Maunu Rd, Maunu, Whangarei.
- $120 - Initial consultation (approx. 60 min)
- $65 - Follow up (approx. 30min)